With the ushering in of a new President of the United States tomorrow, it’s time to reevaluate your current processes and determine if it’s time to inaugurate a new document services vendor.
Ninety percent of companies worldwide reported that outsourcing is an important part of their overall business strategy, according to The Outsourcing Revolution. When the right document services vendor is chosen as an outsourcing partner, a company can benefit from improved efficiency, reduced costs and streamlined operations. Outsourcing document production and delivery to a vendor that does not just duplicate current efforts, but instead understands the importance of process improvements and staying ahead of the technological curve, is vital to an organization’s success.
We realize a change in vendors can seem like a daunting task. Many risk-averse professionals will keep a sub-par vendor around for much longer than they should, fearing the potential time and resources necessary for implementation- regardless of if a new vendor will better align with their strategic needs. But instead of living in a reactionary bubble, what if you had some tools to help you decipher if a new vendor is worth the transition?
If you are looking to inaugurate a new document services vendor, beware of the fact that many vendors may tell you they offer the whole package, but then end up falling short on their promises during and after the implementation process. Here are five questions to ask in the vetting process that will help you uncover the truth in a vendor’s capabilities and ensure a smooth vendor transition:
1. What security certifications/qualifications do they uphold? In order to avoid data breaches and risk compliance, document services providers should be SSAE 16 and SOC II, Type 2 Certified. For the healthcare industry, HIPAA Compliance is also required.
2. Do they offer a comprehensive solution? Utilizing a single partner for the design, composition and multi-channel delivery of all your documents and communications benefits your organization by ensuring consistency throughout all document channels and formats. A comprehensive, single-vendor solution will help you save time and money by increasing eAdoption rates, reducing call center costs, offering solutions to identify new revenue opportunities, and providing you with large volume discounts.
3. Do they have high standards of quality control? Quality control is of utmost importance in the design, processing and delivery of business-critical documents. A vendor that has multiple checkpoints throughout the document lifecycle including mail scanning, 2D barcodes on each page of every document and unique Intelligent Mail Barcodes (IMB) will ensure each document is sent to the correct recipient at the right time.
4. What kind of support will they provide? The most successful document services providers are consultative in their approach and identify ways to solve complex business problems. Look for a vendor that employs only PMP Certified project managers, as well as seasoned client services managers who can lend industry expertise and best practices.
5. Do they continually invest in the most updated software and equipment? A good document services vendor will be heavily invested in technology, leading the way in new applications that serve and benefit your customers while creating operational efficiencies.
Is it time to inaugurate a new document services vendor? Contact us today to learn the latest trends and solutions in business-critical data delivery.