According to KPCB mobile technology trends, mobile digital media time in the U.S. is now significantly higher than previous years at 51% compared to desktop usage (42%). We all know the mobile device world takeover is driving consumer expectations and shifting market reactions. Because of this trend, companies who want to continue to be profitable and grow are finding themselves rethinking their online customer experience — namely, their mobile experience.
When looking to improve your customers’ mobile experience, it is crucial to look at the entire scope of your online communications. Not only do customers access your website, they also access other platforms such as online banking and ePresentment. If the design, usability and ease-of-use do not carry seamlessly across these platforms, your customers will be less engaged and more inclined to move their business to one of your competitors with a better mobile experience.
The most important factors to consider with the mobile experience are responsive design, applications, marketing, and two-way messaging.
Mobile Responsive Design
Adobe reports that eight out of ten consumers will stop engaging with content if it does not display well on the device they are using. True mobile responsive design means your site is designed to provide an optimal viewing experience — easy reading and navigation with minimum resizing, panning and scrolling — across a wide range of devices. Added bonus to mobile responsive design: you will improve your online search rankings because Google’s search engine gives preference to mobile responsive design because it understands the importance of delivering a user-friendly mobile experience.
According to Smart Insights, apps account for 89% of mobile media time, with the other 11% spent on websites. Furthermore, statistics show that the average American spends more than two hours a day on his or her mobile device. A mobile application will ensure you are visible to your customers at all times, as well as provide easy access to your business’ digital communications.
In order to increase their changes of more downloads and return customers to their mobile applications, many businesses are also digitalizing their loyalty programs and making it possible for customers to collect rewards via their mobile applications.
Marketing Land estimates that by 2019, mobile marketing will represent 72% of all US digital ad spending. Any savvy marketer knows that the key to future success is adapting to and optimizing their marketing efforts for the mobile market. What’s equally important is one-to-one mobile marketing. Email engagement, apps, programmatic display, geo fencing and beacons have shifted mobile marketing from mass messaging to targeted, personalized messaging.
Two-Way Mobile Messaging
App Annie reports that more than 2.8 billion people reached out and made connections using their mobile devices in 2015. This means that SMS, email and mobile app two-way messaging are expected in today’s market because most people would rather not pick up the phone to place a call. By allowing your message recipients to reply and hold a digital conversation with a representative, you will increase customer engagement and loyalty.
It is imperative that you and your vendors invest in the technology necessary to staying ahead of mobile digital media demands. By actively pursuing the above factors, you will increase your market value and improve customer online engagement.
To learn about how Lanvera can help your customer communications go mobile, contact us today.