Local, onsite opportunity.
Lanvera is a leading CCM (Customer Communications Management) outsourcing and technology company specializing in the design, production, and delivery of secure customer communications and documents including invoices, statements, tax forms, collection letters, and compliance notices.
As a technology company, Lanvera is focused on implementing enterprise solutions leveraging modern architecture. Scalable, reliable, secure multi-tenant platforms are the cornerstone of Lanvera’s business. As a result, next-generation products run on microservice event-driven architecture implemented in a cloud-based Kubernetes environment. There is a strong emphasis on DevSecOps practices centered around automation. Lanvera’s platforms implement industry-standard security solutions including OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, SAML SSO, and multi-factor authentication. Lanvera is a Microsoft .NET shop leveraging the development stack’s latest versions for API layer and backend platforms. Client and Consumer-facing applications are developed with a componentized frontend design system consisting of Vue.js, Storyboard, Invision, as well as various other support tools.
Although the time to market is always important, Lanvera’ s primary focus is building long-term high-quality systems where a culture of excellence reverberates through all that we do.
This position is a member of the Information Technology Security and Network team, whose purpose is to provide security and technical support to the mission and vision of LANVERA’s operations. As a security engineer, the incumbent is required to have demonstrated an aptitude for identifying, understanding, and troubleshooting security issues and vulnerabilities across multiple disciplines. Additionally, a strong desire to continue to learn and apply designs, techniques, patterns, and technologies to strengthen Lanvera’s security posture. Emphasis on continual application of and promotion of these ideals with peers for self-development, self-improvement, service excellence through continuous learning, and reliability in applying what was learned, as the foundation of our knowledge culture.
- Assisting in the evolution and advancement of Lanvera’s security posture through the daily execution of tasks/incidents, remediation activities, and projects.
- Demonstrate technical and operational competency in executing the information security program. Specifically:
- Information Security Incident Response. Intrusion Detection, Threat Hunting, Information Security Incident Response Testing.
- Security Event Analysis and Reporting. SIEM configuration and tuning, responding to alerts and triggers, and reporting.
- Internal and External Vulnerability / Penetration Testing. Perform routine testing (network and application), coordinate with technical teams on remediation efforts, and report on vulnerability status.
- Infrastructure Security. Network Security (e.g., Firewalls, NID/P, WAF), Endpoints (e.g., NGAV, EDR), and Email hygiene.
- Data Protection. Data Loss Prevention, Data Encryption, Key Management.
- Maintain and Enhance Security Design. In compliance with LANVERA policy and ISO 27001
- Collaborate well with other IT technicians to complete projects and implementations.
- Consistently demonstrates aptitude and exuberance for ITO technology consultation and support, ensuring LANVERA’s security, high availability, and resiliency of IT services, both inside and outside the team.
- Available standard business hours in the corporate office. Although, due to the nature of Information Technology work, overtime and weekend availability may be required.
- Completion of at least two information technology/security certifications in one of the below disciplines.
- CompTIA (Security+, CASP+, Network+)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Cisco Networking Certification (CCENT/CCT/CCNA)
- Palo Alto Networks Certification (ACE/PCNSE)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Certified Network Defender (CND)
- 2+ years as a security technician performing daily monitoring, testing, remediation, and response functions
- 2+ years of networking experience (physical and/or virtual environments)
- Strong troubleshooting and diagnostic skills are essential
- Strong communications skills and analytical aptitude with the ability to express technical concepts effectively, in both verbal and in written form
- Ability to work independently along with developing and leading a team
- Must be able to learn quickly and have the temperament to mentor others
- Develop and promote adoption of standards and drive to improve security posture in systems/application design.
- Must be able to work weekends and evenings as required.
- Team collaboration requires this position to be 80% of the time in the corporate office. No travel requirements.
Lanvera offers excellent benefits including three weeks of PTO, Health Insurance, 401K with dollar matching, profit sharing, and long-term disability.