Software Release Engineer, Internal Systems
Lanvera is a leading Customer Communications Management (CCM) outsourcing and technology company specializing in the design, production, and multi‐channel delivery of secure customer communications including invoices, statements, tax forms, collection letters, compliance notices, and other business critical documents. With 30 years of experience in CCM, Lanvera has a strong presence in the Financial Services and Insurance industries, and continues to expand into other markets.
The Release Engineer position is part of the Technical Services team working closely with Software Developers, DB architect, and QA specialists. In this role, you will build out automation workflows surrounding all software release activities. Additionally, this role involves regular interaction with product managers, client services and IT Operations.
- Perform release configuration management for multiple application product development teams using Microsoft Azure DevOps 2019 (formerly TFS)
- Create scripts and workflows that facilitate fast-paced deployment of high-quality software
- Proactively investigate opportunities for automation across the enterprise
- Manage version control, release notes, etc. for multiple source code environments
- Engage with the developers and quality assistance teams to integrate software development and delivery from inception to full operation, ensuring robust released software and systems
- Create, manage, and support development and test environments, including handling issue tickets
- Collaborate closely with lead Database Engineer, ensuring database needs of Development team are met
- Develop standard operating procedures to mitigate common failure scenarios
- Document and diagram complex systems including changes, updates, and best practices
- Monitor, analyze, and report performance statistics, focusing on proactive monitoring
- Clearly communicate status of open projects and issues to stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Microsoft Azure DevOps deployment and ongoing administration (knowledge of the life cycle of code development with specific experience in software deployment)
- 5+ years Microsoft technologies (Azure DevOps, Visual Studio, Web apps, services, and configurations, PowerShell scripting, MS SQL Server skills, IIS, ODBC, Excel, SSRS, Report design and generation)
- 3+ years experience with systems and IT operations (DevOps experience a plus)
- 2+ years SQL administrator experience (operations level)
- HAProxy or similar load balancer experience
- Release Management, Incident Management and Change Management experience
- Deep understanding and hands on expertise with SDLC process
- Knowledge of IT best practices to maintain business critical always-up systems
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, including good technical writing and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively independently and within a team environment
- IIS experience a plus
- VMware ESX experience a plus
- No travel required
- Dallas/Fort Worth candidates only for on-site office employment; No relocation
Lanvera offers excellent benefits including three weeks of PTO, health insurance, 401K with dollar matching, profit sharing, and long-term disability.
Please send your resume and salary history to Lanvera Careers.